The sound of mortar shells and gunshots on the border of Teknaf, residents panic

OHCHR reported the death of 12 Rohingya in Rakhine

Read Time:2 Minute, 17 Second

The UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) said at least 12 Rohingya have been killed in clashes between the rebel Arakan Army and the junta forces in Myanmar’s Rakhine state. 30 people were injured in the attack. The incident took place in Hopon Neo Lake village of the state last Friday. In such a situation, Falkar Turk, the head of human rights affairs of the United Nations, called for the protection of ordinary people from genocide.

This information was given in a press release published on the website of the High Commission on Tuesday. It said many civilians have been killed in clashes between the military and armed rebels in Myanmar. Apart from this there have been incidents of displacement. In the face of one disaster after another in the fight with the rebels, the military forces are carrying out indiscriminate attacks. According to the information given in the notification, more than 554 people have lost their lives since last October due to the clashes between the rebels and the junta forces. And last year, more than 1,600 civilians were killed in military attacks. The number is about 300 more than the previous year.

The announcement comes at a time when many areas of Myanmar have been wrested from the military by various armed rebel groups. Regarding this, Falker Turk said, it is important that no one is forgotten in the various crises going on around the world. The people of Myanmar have been suffering for a long time. The situation has worsened since October last year.

The High Commissioner for Human Rights said, “I admire the courage and tolerance of civil society and democratic movements representing all ethnic minorities in Myanmar.” At the same time, I call on them to be involved in any political process to respect human rights and restore democracy in Myanmar.

There was no renewed conflict in Rakhine
Yesterday, there were no new reports of clashes in Rakhine areas bordering Bangladesh. However, there is fear and anxiety among the residents of the border areas of Bandarban district, especially among the Rohingyas.

Meanwhile, the closed schools in Ghumdhum border area of Naikshyongchari of Bandarban were opened yesterday. Earlier on Monday, panic spread when an exploded part of a mortar shell landed on the zero line during the shelling in Dhekibaniya BGP border post area opposite Tumbru area. In that situation, the teaching activities of five primary schools in Ghumdhum, near the border of Bangladesh, were stopped.

Triratan Chakma, primary education officer of Naikshyongchari Upazila, told Prothom Alo yesterday that the situation across the Ghumdhum border is now calm. So schools that were closed for some time reopened on Monday. The situation is being monitored.

According to the prothomalo

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *